Monday, May 28, 2007

Hello and Welcome

I'm totally cheating.

This is my first blog post, legitimately. The following three are old posts from another blog I kept. It's bad, I know, but I think they're funny and still topical. Anyway, if you're reading this, then you've visited my website. Let me tell you a few things about it.

First of all, it was created by my wonderful and talented wife. Visit her site at www.nicoleroberts.net. She does this for a living. Second, I know that everyone blogs these days and I think ownership of a blog, much less a website, may seem egotistical. Mark Morford of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote a few words on the topic recently (I'd link that here, but I don't know how -- go to www.sfgate.com, search for Mark Morford, and find "I'm Drunk and Naked on MySpace!" from April 6th). Anyway, the point is that I have no illusions about the culture who thinks everyone in cyberspace is interested in what they have to say. It is liberating, I suppose, but my purposes are simple: I like to write, and this is good practice. It keeps me on task. So enjoy it or not, I'm going to keep writing. Also, I'm moving to London this fall for 4 months, so I will blog from there for my friends and family.

But the main purpose of this site is the music. So, listen and enjoy. More music to come in the future.

JR

No comments: