Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gasp! A New Post!

Since a new semester is beginning, I thought I should update my blog. While I assign blogs for my students, I'm actually pretty bad at updating my own. Since our son, Jude, was born last October, I've been busy updating his blog (http://jasonnicoleandjude.blogspot.com). He's damn attractive, so he needs his own blog.

What's happening? Music. One of my bands, Nice Monster, has released its second record and we're celebrating with a CD release show at the Fox and Goose on January 10th. The other music project I'm involved with -- Of Great and Mortal Men: 43 Songs about 43 Presidencies -- has a show in Washington D.C. on January 17th. This will be the biggest gig I've ever played, so I'm excited. NPR is running a story on the show and project (we hope) on Friday, January 16th, probably on All Things Considered. After that show, we will perform the same show at Marilyn's in Sacramento featuring an all-star Sacramento musician freak-out. Then, in March, we're off to Austin, Texas, for South-by-Southwest.

Then, sleep.

No comments: